Corn in Yogurt
This is a fairly simple recipe with lots of flavor. If you don't like it very hot, you can reduce the spices. I just love this recipe and hope you will too.
- In a small frying pan add in 1 teaspoon of the ghee, fenugreek and mustard seeds. Cover the pan as the seeds will pop. Toast the seeds slightly.
- In a mortar put in the toasted seeds, red pepper flakes and ginger. Pound together.
- In a medium size heavy bottom pan add in the asafetida, garlic and remaining ghee. Saute for a few minutes and then add in the onion and saute to a light brown. Add in the water, turmeric and pounded ingredients. Cook for around one minute.
- Place the yogurt in a blender and blend well. Add the jalapeno, corn and butter to the pan along with the blended yogurt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and garnish with chopped coriander.